FOR THE LOVE OF JUNK

SOME WOMEN DREAM OF BEAUTIFUL HOMES AND PERFECTION. SOME DREAM OF THE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH, OUTCAST ITEMS, THE TATTERED, THE CRAZED, THE RUSTED AND SOMETIMES DISCARDED TREASURES. IM A MEMBER OF THE SECOND GROUP. I'M A JUNKER FOR LIFE!



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Let them eat lace

Humm...lace, check, size 2 dress, dream on. This is the bottom of a Victorian lace dress. It was so old that the silk liner disintegrated when we handle it. The lace remain intact.
Do you have wish lists, and if you do what is in it? Number one on my short wish list is one of these dress forms. This one was priced at a bargain price specially for me of 270.00$. Can't, will not, refuse to... it will happen, always does, I just have to wait. I can see a lacy beautiful dress on it, in my master bedroom, by my side. Isn't she pretty? If you have the money she resides @ The Cedar Chest Antiques in McGregor TX of Hwy 84 in Waco. Have you ever visited with Magnolia Pearl? If you haven't I tell you you ought to. The tittle in my post is a quote in her blog magnoliapearlblog.blogspot.com. Not only is this woman incredibly talented in her creations and her love for beautiful textiles, her biggest asset is a beautiful mind and spirit which she shares with her blogging friends. Go and visit and tell me what you think. Well, back to WW. The reason I mentioned Robin from Magnolia Pearl is because we share this love for lace and fabrics. I have amazed a large collection of beautiful lace and vintage dresses made out of lace. I love it so much that I have the hardest time using my lace to make anything, I know, it is sad.


Can you believe this dress? I'm going to tell you a secret, please don't tell anyone. I have found my best pieces @ the Goodwill during the Halloween season in the costume racks!.



Hat made of lace, LOVE.


This is the top work on a wedding dress from the 50's. It's a size 0 so all the ladies get to admire and talk about the time when they would have fit in it. It's a bolero jacket over a sweetheart dress. I found the lace shoes that went with it, size 3 adult (?) Have you ladies that collect vintage clothing noticed how small the ladies used to be?

Just curtains, pretty ones. I wish I have the money and the good eye when we lived in Germany. They have the most beautiful laces, just hanging in their windows. The lace was sold by the pound and it was cheap. If I can only go back. Same dress, out of Goodwill racks, purchased for a song.
Lace collar from Belgium.


Last is this full size bed topper. It is in immaculate shape and got it priced high so I can enjoy it longer. The work on it is beautiful and handmade. How they did such big and intricate pieces, beats me. I'm part of this generation, microwave, fast, mass production cra...so that is why if you collect it, take care of it, there is no more.
Thank you Ms Kathleen @ http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/ for the chance of participating in WW. Check the other WW friends. If they are like me they will love your visit and your sweet comments. Blessings, Marta.













6 comments:

vintagesue said...

we must be channeling each other marta because i altered a glove box tonite and 2 hats with my lace and old doilies....
your blog looks amazing and i love all the photos. take care
s

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Gorgeous laces!!
Happy WW!
xojanis

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love lace and doilies myself

CC said...

I stopped for a minute and looked at an older post..it was this group of laces. Oh my gosh!!!
I also love love them, but have no lace dresses or hats..i love the older lace trims and collect that and any other lace I find and like.
Your laces,dresses are just gorgeous..

Dixie said...

I adore vintage lace dresses.. and yes... Goodwill shopping is one of my favorite thrift shopping sprees! I was there today!

Unknown said...

looking Gorgeous!!! Its look beautiful to see.
Vintage lace Dresses