FOR THE LOVE OF JUNK

SOME WOMEN DREAM OF BEAUTIFUL HOMES AND PERFECTION. SOME DREAM OF THE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH, OUTCAST ITEMS, THE TATTERED, THE CRAZED, THE RUSTED AND SOMETIMES DISCARDED TREASURES. IM A MEMBER OF THE SECOND GROUP. I'M A JUNKER FOR LIFE!



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Still tweaking

            Today I can finally said my Christmas is finally put away, done, totally.  I went ahead and boarded the attic for much needed storage space. I huff and puff bringing all the stuff up and thankfully I got an extra set of hands helping me. I decided to go with a bird and twigs theme in the kitchen. I brought in a  library ladder from the shop and I intent to display my kitchen linen on it. My husband walk in the kitchen today and the first thing that came out of his mouth was NO, it got to go, you are blocking the view, which really upsets me since there is no view due to overgrown bushes that the mister will not trim. I see a battle coming. I'm leaving the dry twigs in the basket and the branch over my kitchen shelf, I'm just adding eggs in neutral colors.

 These are finds from my trip to Georgetown yesterday. Love it all, I just going to keep the floral door stopper.


                                  The birdcage I found a couple weeks ago for 20.00, a steal.

                                Finally i wanted to show you my heart. This little puppy is growing fast and changing everyday. These days he is able to climb on the furniture and do all sorts of tricks. He still doing some of the bad behavior, I think he knows he got us.



                   This yummy throw that Juju is previewing I got at Ikea yesterday. Love the throw, no so much the store. I don't think I'm going back. It is too modern and not so inspiring to me. Then having to use a map...and the costumer service was horrendous. I thought they sold slipcovers, they do only for their line. Love the linen and that is about it...hold on, I love the closet and organizing  ideas.
                 Stop and visit the other White Wednesday participants @ Faded Charm. Blessings, Marta.

9 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

Ok...I don't know which I am more jealous of...the puppy or the bird cage! Ok...the puppy...too darn precious! {but the cage is an INSANE find!!;}

m ^..^

Fishtail Cottage said...

are we ever really done tweaking? im loving that throw your puppy found cozy...

Tara said...

It always feels good to get the Christmas things tucked away for the year. Your birdcage find is fabulous! We have gad a ratty old brass birdcage in our booth for months and it hasn't sold so I gave it a fresh coat of bronze/black paint and it looks much better.
I hope you're having a great week!

trash talk said...

That's a face...and a throw...I could fall in love with.
Deb

Terry Lee said...

marta, i LOVE the twigs and nest theme! it's so sweet and simple, yet elegant!

my, my. i can see how little juju has stolen your heart! he's too adorable. love him!!

slow down a bit and take a breather! oh, and i'd keep that ladder just where it is! haha

love and hugs,
terry lee

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

Cute puppy. I have the white throw from Ikea and love it. I also have their couch and chair with ottoman with white slipcovers. You are right about the other things, too modern for me. oh, that throw will wash in the machine ok.

Twinkle Terrior said...

beautiful spot for the beautiful pup! i am living vicariously through my creative blog buddies! if our dog sees this, ...let's just say he will want a better blanket! LOL

Amanda said...

Hi Marta! So nice to meet you. I am visiting from White Wednesday and am your newest follower! I adore your style. Your kitchen is so cozy and elegant. I say, leave the ladder...your hubby will probably get used to it and forget it's even there! Ha! Neat throw too...I am not a big fan of Ikea either but they have good prices on accessories that can be glammed up! Thanks for sharing!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

vintagesue said...

marta....you always make me laugh!!! ikea is a nightmare, eh? you can get in, but you can't get out!!! lol.
oh my gosh....your mister sounds like my mister. ron is constantly telling me "take that down", "you are blocking the room", "that can't go there", "that is going to fall", "why are there strangers on our wall", etc...hahaha.
i am loving your house marta. i wish i could come see it. i know you will cherish it and honor it completely!!!!! have fun and the twigs are great.
your sweet baby juju is a mama's dream. how cute.
have fun!!!!!!
sue