FOR THE LOVE OF JUNK

SOME WOMEN DREAM OF BEAUTIFUL HOMES AND PERFECTION. SOME DREAM OF THE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH, OUTCAST ITEMS, THE TATTERED, THE CRAZED, THE RUSTED AND SOMETIMES DISCARDED TREASURES. IM A MEMBER OF THE SECOND GROUP. I'M A JUNKER FOR LIFE!



Monday, October 17, 2011

This is the reason.

                                    In case you wonder where have I been I have an answer. HERE!
I have been dreaming of a working space for a while, just dreaming since I spend all my money last year building my retail shop and moving my home to a new place. So, the studio money went bye-bye. I organized a space in my shop (8x8) thinking that was going to sufficed...Ja! I could not even move. So I kept brainstorming. My husband suggested I turn my formal living into my studio since we never sit there. NO WAY!. So that was the end of it until two weeks ago. I have a guest room which we refer to as the "princess room". It looks like the room belonging to a little girl, all pink and girlie. It was full of massive furniture that made the space look so little. It is not a huge room but is an ok size 14x16. Well, I decided to give up my guest room/princess room. Nobody had stay there since we moved and i realized that is such a waste of space when I needed the square footage. So we took the furniture to the shop for sale and I kept the armoire that came with it for storage. In came a new secretary, a small sideboard and an awesome locker with 72 little drawers that my husband got for me. I have been moving, finding, sorting, labeling, organizing, going up and down a stool, etc, etc. It is not done since I have to interrupt my work for real life matters. I can't wait to get all done, I have been writing down projects, bookmarking, dreaming of sitting there and start creating. I better crank it up since I am planning a lot of pretties for Christmas. Let me leave you with some pictures of the mess, lots of pretties buried there though.











5 comments:

Doni said...

Oh SWOON!!! I'm just going to jump right in the computer screen and dive into your new space! All those gorgeous laces and the pinks and creams!!!!! You lady, are a girl after my own heart....and there seem to be a lot of us lace lovers out here in blogland!!!
Gorgeous lovely eyecandy.....I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your space!!
Oh I want to come over and play!!!
You've GOT to come join my Thursday Pearls and Lace party!!!
Blessings!
Doni

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

WOW, I just love your studio!!! Fabulous!!!

xxoo
Marsha

Trisha said...

You did a great job. I love your new work space, plenty of room, and inspiring. I love how you've filled it with ribbons and lave.
Blessings.

Karen said...

Yummy! Lots of raw material to turn into treasures - I can't wait to see them!

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

So glad you found my blog, it gave me the chance to look at your beautiful blog!
I'm following : D
♥Linsey