FOR THE LOVE OF JUNK

SOME WOMEN DREAM OF BEAUTIFUL HOMES AND PERFECTION. SOME DREAM OF THE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH, OUTCAST ITEMS, THE TATTERED, THE CRAZED, THE RUSTED AND SOMETIMES DISCARDED TREASURES. IM A MEMBER OF THE SECOND GROUP. I'M A JUNKER FOR LIFE!



Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It is starting to look a lot like Christmas

       Ok, for retail standards I'm so behind is not even funny.  Have been working non stop on that and everything else that needs to be done. We are building a big storage building beside the shop and that took a lot of running around for a week, thank God it is supposed to get done in a week and that will allow me to get out of renting a storage space which I hated doing. It is scary too since I have hoarding tendencies but my husband assured me he will keep me in check. I need that, I don't trust myself. I'm actually thinking I want  to later in the Spring host a  soiree and having that space will be fantastic so I don't want to fill it to where it will become an issue to use it in a different way aside from storing. Well, now to the stuff you like, pictures of the progress.

















I still have a lot of tweaking to do. Friday I will be doing the window and my booth Downtown Belton. So much to do, so little time, and that is with me waking up at 6:00 AM everyday. I kind of like my new schedule because by 12:00 noon I have done so much. Blessings to you all, till next time, Marta.

3 comments:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

It's all so lovely and magical!!! I wish I lived close so I could shop this lovely store!!!
Michelle

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh my goodness--that dress form (I am drawing a blank on what those are called) with the crown and wings is so beautiful...wow! Thanks for sharing.

KLaza said...

Marta, everything looks fantastic. I saw that dining table and 4 chairs in the window downtown Belton. I was flagging the lady down to tell her I wanted it but it was SOLD!! Ugh! I was heartbroken. The way you covered those chairs with the ruffled edges was so fabulous. I love your touch! I'm happy to hear you'll be downtown on Friday. I'm going to stop by and see what you have. I noticed another booth with items very similar to yours but I didn't go in there. My mom and I love you too much :) I"m starting to get a few ladies at work interested in your work too, and my BFF and her mom!