FOR THE LOVE OF JUNK

SOME WOMEN DREAM OF BEAUTIFUL HOMES AND PERFECTION. SOME DREAM OF THE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH, OUTCAST ITEMS, THE TATTERED, THE CRAZED, THE RUSTED AND SOMETIMES DISCARDED TREASURES. IM A MEMBER OF THE SECOND GROUP. I'M A JUNKER FOR LIFE!



Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas day @ home

We are all exhausted. I cooked all day long yesterday. I managed to brown a red velvet cake too much, the bottom of it tasted burn so I cut that piece off and managed to fix it. I didn't know red velvet is chocolate cake, Is it? because the bather taste like chocolate and stained red really bad. Can you tell I loved cooking? I promise you won't see recipes or food pictures, unless they are somebody else food. I gave everybody extra sets of socks and money. Green really get people excited and been practical, is aside from love the second best gift. The kids received clothes, money and books . Instead of one big bill I change all the money to $1.00 dollar bills, they thought they were millionaires. The trick does not apply to the teenager, that one likes to see zeros attached to something else. I gave my older brother three seashells out of my collection that he have coveted for the longest time and a Susan Boyle CD. She is awesome and so sassy and he loved her. My mom received a radio with a cassette and CD player which was hard to find since nobody does cassettes anymore. That is our second or maybe third radio we give her. She have a big heart and eventually will give the stuff to somebody she feels needed more than her. We have an Indian guest of honor and we have to accommodated with the food because they don't eat pork, beef or eggs during this time of the year, actually I lied, they don't eat beef ever, you know cows are consider gods in India???. Anyway he is a hoot, just diet challenge for our culture. We Puertoricans live on pork specially on Christmas Eve. Our traditional meal is roasted pork, pigeon rice, potato salad and pasteles which is a version of the Mexican tamales made of Hispanic vegetables. The dress code is pajamas, even the guest wore them. So, we are a crazy bunch that fight like crazy but love each other even more. This year cost me a lot of prayers, no drama been the first. I got my prayers answered, it was amazing. For those of you who don't know, we Boricuas can be pretty hot tempered, so the fact that we are all Christians come really handy. We put God before tempers. Anyway let me introduce you to the people that I get to hang out a lot; my beloved family.

No comments: